Bankruptcy, Reorganization, & Creditors’ Rights
We pride ourselves on understanding the strategic implications of the restructuring process.
Whether in Chapter 11 or out of court, the restructuring process is complex and stressful — often requiring competing participants to make crucial decisions quickly in situations where each party has a different agenda.
Working successfully in this rapidly moving environment requires an intimate knowledge of the process, the law, and the strategic needs of all the players. Our understanding of the legal and strategic implications of the restructuring process may mean the difference between success and failure.
Clients who have chosen our firm include debtors, indenture trustees, investors in distressed securities, asset purchasers, Chapter 11 trustees, liquidation trustees, creditors’ committees, landlords, secured creditors, and debtor-in-possession lenders.
- Represented indenture trustee in Lyondell Chemical Company, Sem Crude L.P., Charter Communications, Dan River Inc., General Media Inc., Exide Technologies and American Commercial Lines LLC
- Representation of certificate holder in Extended Stay, Inc., including litigation with other certificate holders
- Representation of chapter 11 trustee of The 1031 Tax Group, LLC and trustee of successor trust
- Represent trustee of LandAmerica 1031 Exchange Services, Inc. Liquidation Trust
- Representation of joint venture partner of Refco Inc. in bankruptcy, corporate and litigation aspects of Refco chapter 11 case, including stalking horse bidding process
- Counsel to debtor in possession in Family Golf Centers Inc., et al.
- Represented debtor in possession in Eastern Pulp and Paper, et al. chapter 11 cases.
- Represented chapter 11 trustee of Copperfield Investments, LLC and plan administrator under confirmed chapter 11 plan
- Counsel to debtor in possession in Whitehead Mann Inc.
- Represented largest bondholder in Weirton Steel chapter 11 case
- Represented trustee of Asia Global Crossing LTD
- Represented Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of LTV Networks Inc.
- Represented noteholder group in Laidlaw Inc.