Robert B. Zimmerman
Robert B. Zimmerman represents United States and foreign individuals and small-to-medium-sized privately owned businesses in connection with their corporate, financial and other business transactions. His practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, private placements and financial transactions. In addition, he has been involved in structuring, negotiating and documenting transactions that are subject to the federal Indian Gaming Regulatory Act.
Mr. Zimmerman has represented companies engaged in the manufacture, distribution and sale of such consumer products and services as clothing, costume jewelry and soft drinks, as well as broadcast television and radio stations, cable TV systems, telecommunications, computer and information services businesses, advertising and direct marketing, employee leasing and real estate firms.
Mr. Zimmerman also has been involved in the structuring of limited partnerships and limited liability companies in connection with sophisticated real estate transactions involving the acquisition of multi-asset portfolios comprised of commercial, mixed use, office and residential properties. He has represented European, Chinese and Japanese individuals and companies in their United States business endeavors, including the acquisition or sale of businesses based in the United States or interests therein.
Representative transactions handled by Mr. Zimmerman include:
- Multi-million dollar acquisition and sale of corporations and business divisions.
- Establishment of complex, multi-lender revolving credit and loan facilities.
- Participation in sophisticated real estate transactions involving the acquisition of multi-asset portfolios.
- Negotiation and preparation of asset purchase, consignment, consulting, distribution, employment, equipment leasing, fractional ownership, guaranty, indemnification, licensing, option, management, sales representative, shareholder, software development, sponsorship, stock purchase, supply and warrant agreements.
- Formation, structuring and organization of corporations, limited liability companies, joint ventures and partnerships.
- Public registration and private placement of equity and debt securities, and compliance with periodic reporting requirements.
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting transactions that are subject to the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act of 1988.
Education and Honors
- J. D., Columbia University, School of Law (1975), Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- B.S., Syracuse University (1969), Beta Gamma Sigma
- State of New York
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
Prior Legal Experience
- Partner, Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal, LLP
- Partner, Rubin Baum Levin Constant & Friedman LLP (combined with Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP)
- Rubin Gross Harris Fischl & Roth
- Carro Spanbock Londin Fass & Geller
- Golenbock & Barrel