- State of New York
- U.S. District Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second, Third, and Ninth Circuits
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York and member of various committees over the years
- Member, New York State Bar Association
Jeffrey T. Golenbock
Education and Honors
- J. D., Yale Law School (1976).
- A.B., cum laude, Amherst College (1973)
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Robert L. Carter, United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York (1976-1977)
Mr. Golenbock specializes in commercial litigation. He has engaged in all phases of large-scale litigation and arbitration, from initiation of the litigation through trial and appeal. He has been involved in all facets of contract and partnership disputes, and has participated on both the plaintiff and defendant side of large antitrust actions. He also has extensive experience in intellectual property disputes, including matters relating to trade secrets, enforcement of non-competes, trademark, trade dress and patent issues. In addition, he has participated in numerous disputes arising out of the federal and state securities and corporate laws, including tender offers (representing both the tenderer and the target) and derivative suits (representing the corporate defendants). He has extensive trial experience, having tried civil matters in both federal and state courts throughout the country, and having argued appeals before numerous federal circuit courts, as well as the New York appellate courts.
Representative cases handled by Mr. Golenbock include:
- Defended a manufacturer of parts for a large mechanical crane sued for negligence and product liability. After a two-week jury trial, obtained a favorable verdict millions less than demanded by plaintiff and less than one-fifth offered by client in settlement.
- Successfully argued appeal to vacate multi-million dollar verdict against terminated dealer, and on retrial obtained defense verdict on breach of contract claim prior to close of plaintiff’s case.
- Successfully represented motor manufacturer which sought millions of dollars in damages in breach of contract claim in federal court, and obtained defense verdict dismissing counterclaims for multiple millions of dollars in compensatory and punitive damages.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing lawsuit alleging breach of non-compete and non-solicitation agreement by former partner, and obtained judgment awarding client payment of legal fees incurred in defending claim.
- Obtained eight figure settlement on behalf of plaintiffs security holders who contended that sale of company constituted a fraudulent conveyance.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar verdict against guarantor of commercial loan after one week non-jury trial.
- Successfully defended board member sued for securities fraud after company filed for bankruptcy and principal officers were charged with criminal activity.
- Ongoing representation of large energy trading company in disputes arising out of disputed trades.
- Successfully defended individual sued for breach of partnership agreement arising out of ownership of NYC apartment buildings.
- Successfully represented large international manufacturer of paint and paper products, and obtained dismissal before trial of seeking injunction and damages arising out of alleged theft of trade secrets.
- Obtained favorable settlement resolving dispute under a guarantee relating to real estate development project for approximately 1% of amount claimed.
- After ten day trial, obtained defense verdict in connection with plaintiff’s claim seeking more than $10 million under products liability theory.
- “Strategic Considerations in Litigating International Trade Secrets Issues,” NYSBA Winter Meeting
- “Want to Hire Your Competitors’ Personnel?”, New York Law Journal
- “New York Non-Compete Law,” American Corporate Counsel Seminar
Prior Legal Experience
- Kramer Levin